Applying for the designation as ASHP Certified Center of Excellence™ in Medication Use Safety and Pharmacy Practice
Pharmacy departments that continually strive to advance their practice and have achieved excellence should apply for and undergo a formal process to be considered for designation as an ASHP Certified Center of Excellence™ in Medication Use Safety and Pharmacy Practice. This includes:
- For Profit, Not For Profit, and Government hospital and health-system pharmacy departments
- Pharmacy departments with or without ambulatory care services
- Small and large community based hospitals and academic medical centers
- Single site hospitals and multisite systems.
- A single site of a multisite health system or several/all sites of a multisite health system
- Note the separate applications for certification for those organizations which also offer residency programs involved in the ASHP accreditation process and for those organizations that do not.
Download the Application for ASHP Certified Center of Excellence™ in Medication-Use Safety and Pharmacy Practice for organizations that offer ASHP accredited residency, preliminarily-accredited, candidate, or pre-candidate status residency programs
For individual questions about certification, please contact us at COE@ashp.org.